Saturday, July 21, 2007

Miss Independent

From brushing her teeth and hair to trying to put on her clothes Ava enjoys being independent...when it's on her own terms. Most recently she wants to use her spoon by herself. The trick is to give it to her near the end of a meal. Otherwise she will play the entire time and not eat. The other trick is the spoons we have for her are cupped more than most spoons. Any other spoon she uses the food falls off before she gets it to her mouth. She's gotten pretty good at accidentally flinging food across the room too.

I even let her eat her banana like a big girl the other day...but only because it was super squishy. I don't think I'd be comfortable with anyone other than myself or Jasen attempting this with Ava just yet because she has a bad habit of shoving as much in her mouth as she can get and then gagging from it.




If you look closely you'll see her chex cereal stuck to her banana...now that's a snack!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie, the banana pics are priceless!