Sunday, July 22, 2007

Exploreum

Saturday we went to the Gulf Coast Exploreum with Grandma and Grandpa Lingle and cousins Avery and Airyn. Ava of course wanted to run around on her own and check everything out so staying together as a group was a challenge. Her favorite animal exhibit seemed to be the baby alligators, but she also had a good time pushing all the buttons on the interactive displays and let's not forget the simulated roller coaster ride...Basically you sat in a basic roller coaster seat and looked at a screen showing a roller coaster ride as if you were on it. Ava saw the girls in it and just had to do to do it too. Since the seats didn't move or anything I got in with Ava. I think we have a future dare devil...Ava moved her head to the side as the roller coaster turned left, put her hands in the air and just laughed and bounced for the entire "ride."

Baby Alligator Exhibit

Supermodel Ava posing with the tortoise shell
Ava "milking" a Viper

More button pressing...upside down

Climbing a bench like a big girl


Airyn, Ava and Avery



Watching the roller coaster screen from the sidelines

"Riding" the roller coaster


We had to cut our visit short though. Although Ava appeared to just be hyper and running around as soon as she would stop moving she was monster baby - very irritable, rubbing her eyes, crying, etc. Jasen and I knew that if we didn't leave we would have one very over tired baby and the last time that happened she was so over tired she couldn't function. Have you ever been so over tired that you reached a point where you couldn't for the life of you fall asleep? Not good, especially for a baby. Anyway, so we left before seeing the generic interactive science area of the Exploreum, but that part is always there so it's no biggie.



Not even two minutes after getting in the car Ava was out. I doubt it was even 1 minute. Basically the time it took to get through the first traffic light leaving the Exploreum...And, usually she sucks her thumb to fall asleep...not this time. I'm so glad we know when our child has had enough.


Passed out

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Isn't it funny how you just know all the little nuances of your child? I remember when the boys started talking, they'd talk to someone who's not around them much and they'd have no idea what they were saying, but to me and Rob, it was plain as day what they had said. Same with when they'd get cranky, you know the "I'm hungry" crankyness from the "I'm tired" crankyness. Parenthood is definitely in a class all it's own, full of tiny nuances and little special moments that no matter how much time goes by stay fresh in your mind like it was yesterday. It's almost magical the way you can seem psychic, just sense the moods of your kids, even as they get older, I can tell when the boys are upset, feeling slighted, or not feeling well in general. They don't have to say anything, I just know. Kids are magical...until hormones hit anyway, then's it a whole new ballgame, and I'm not sure anyone told me the rules! Kyle is on that edge right now, he'll be 11 in September, he's starting to notice girls, shutting his bedroom door...I don't think I'm ready for hormones, this is one rollercoaster I don't think I want to ride just yet!!