Saturday, July 21, 2007

28 Weeks

Our newest little one and I had our 28 week appointment on Friday. Things look great and the heartbeat sounds healthy and strong! I gained 1.5 pounds so they rounded it up to two. I had my gestational diabetes test and again felt awful from it. I actually had to leave the room they put me in to dash to the bathroom because I was that close to bringing it back up. Needless to say I was nervous I had failed the test and was going to have to take the 3 hour test like I did with Ava. Instead I passed just fine. Yeah!!! If I had been over 140 they would've made me take the 3 hour test but I was 136.

I have one more appointment in a month and then we move to two week appointments. Oh wow, it's getting close! About this time when I was pregnant with Ava we had already finished the nursery - we haven't even started the new room for the girls. Ava started getting hiccups in the womb around this time so I'm curious to see if this little one will get them too. Looking back, I half wonder if Ava's hiccups had anything to do with her reflux.

I swear this baby bean likes to position herself sideways so I can feel kicks and punches on both sides of my belly at the same time. I know before long, she'll run of room for that, but even now sometimes she pushes outward on my stomach against my belly button and it gets so uncomfortable it feels like my belly button is tearing or something.

Typically the baby would be just over 2 pounds by now, but Jasen thinks she is going to be bigger than Ava was. That scares me a little. Unless something puzzles my doctor or complications arise we probably won't have another ultrasound. The only slight concern I have is that while Ava was head down for all ultrasounds this baby has been the exact opposite...most babies turn head down later in pregnancy on their own but I still have a slight worry that she won't turn around and will be breach. I know I'm just paranoid....

0 comments: