Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sleepy Baby

Ava woke up early one morning earlier this week when Jasen was out of town so I put her in bed with me to try to go back to sleep. She ended up turned all the way around with her feet on my pillow! She sure looks sweet though.

Usually she only comes in our bed if she's not feeling well, or can't sleep when we stay in a new place, but I made an exception. So far she knows the difference and prefers her own bed anyway. I don't think we'll have any trouble when her little sister arrives. And, it wouldn't be the end of the world if both girls ended up in the bed a couple nights here and there. I actually foresee that happening anyway at some point when they're inevitably both sick at the same time.

Can you believe it? We never had to let Ava cry it out. With a little patience and a lot of help from Jasen we helped teach her ways to soothe herself when she woke up at night and now she'd rather be in her own bed. I hope this approach works with her little sister!

0 comments: