Monday, May 14, 2007

A Little Sister!!

We found out this afternoon that Ava is going to have a little sister!! 98% sure anyway. I'm so excited!! And oddly enough several names popped in my head right after the ultrasound (my lips are sealed though). So many people I know have two or even three children that are the same gender and the ones that are close in age are the best of friends. How fun! Ava has already demonstrated that she's not completely a frilly wear dresses every day girl. She's more the play in the dirt, chase bugs type so it'll be fun to see what her sister likes. Yeah!



It's kinda funny because at first I thought we'd be set for clothes then after looking through them I realized that this baby will be born in a completely different time of year than Ava as far as temperatures and seasons go, so regardless we're still going to have to find almost all new baby clothes. They just grow out of them so fast that pretty much all of Ava's clothes will be wrong for the temperatures. The new baby can't exactly wear sleeveless sundresses in November! Believe me I will use anything of Ava's I can...


Ava's little sister was very modest though...it seemed to take forever for the ultrasound tech to get a good look. Her feet looked huge so maybe that means she will be tall. The ultrasound tech also said "that is one round head." I think that's a good thing. Round is certainly better then a cone head.

By the way, if anyone knows any good books for babies and toddlers that show bringing a new baby into the family please let me know. I think I'd feel better if Ava at least saw some pictures...

2 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

Congratulations! You are right. My sister is 18 months younger than me and we have always been very close.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!! How exciting, a baby sister for Miss Ava!