Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Today has been nice and relaxing. We didn't make any big plans, but I don't need to go anywhere specific or do any one certain thing to enjoy being a mom.

Ava woke up at her usual time this morning (6:30am) and we cuddled and played in bed for 30 minutes so that was a nice start to my day. Ava picked out some earrings for mommy when she and daddy went shopping and even signed her own card to me (with some help). It was incredibly cute! I was very curious to see her gift to me because Jasen told me when they got back from shopping that she had picked "it" out all on her own. Pretty much grabbed it in the store and wouldn't put it down (which sounds exactly like something she'd do).

In the 11.5 active months that I've been a mother I've been thrown up on, peed on, pooped on, been up all night with a sick child, laughed and cried at the same time over something Ava has done, and basically never knew I had the capacity to love someone so much until Ava arrived. And, on top of it I get to be a mother x 2. I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything! I am however relieved that love multiplies and never divides and only hope I can demonstrate this to Ava instantly when the newest addition to the family arrives.

Happy Mother's Day to all - and especially to Mom (Nancy), Mom (Deb), Katee, Tara, Michelle, Meggin, and Becky!

0 comments: