Ava's big day ended with a bang and I wish I could say it was a good bang, but unfortunately she was so excited about the new chair that mommy and daddy couldn't wait to give her that she tried to run to it and slipped. She tried to grab the coffee table for support, but instead hit her mouth and busted her gums open. First of all she is okay, but seeing my child's blood gushing everywhere is not something I want to see in the future. At first I thought she had split her cheek open there was so much blood. It was awful. It took awhile for the bleeding to stop, but she enjoys chewing on cold wash cloths so putting crushed ice in one and letting her mouth it helped the bleeding to stop. She was smiling again before it was time for bed so that put me at ease. She of course had to have her bear for comfort and now he is marked with blood along with her pj's from the incident so I'll have to figure out how to get him away from her long enough to wash him when she won't notice. She is so attached to that little bear!


1 comments:
Oh my gosh...poor Ava! That had to scare the hell out of you guys. Don't you just wish you could wrap them in bubble wrap until they were 18?
I'm glad she's fine. Give her a kiss from us!
Post a Comment