Monday, March 26, 2007

Slight Scare

I had to stop by my OB's office this afternoon for an unscheduled visit. First, let me say, everything is fine. I started having some cramping and after talking to the doctor about them he asked that I come in right away to be checked. Just to be safe they ordered an ultrasound and everything looks good. Baby's heart beat looks good, limbs are moving, spine looks great, no bleeding in the uterus...everything is normal. Baby still looks like a blob at this age, but you can see the head at the bottom and the body here. The arms and legs are there too, but can't be seen from this angle.
Although it was too early to tell for sure by ultrasound the baby's legs were open so the ultrasound tech gave me her prediction...I'd rather not say what she predicted at this time, since there is SO MUCH room for error at this fetal age. Stay tuned for the 16 week ultrasound where we'll hopefully be able to tell the gender without as much room for error.

0 comments: