Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Finger Foods

Ava recently started chomping her baby food like she was chewing it even though there was nothing to chew so over the past couple of weeks we've been giving Ava tiny pieces of soft mushy foods that she can pick up and eat herself at meals. For snacks we've tried some of the Gerber things that basically turn to mush and dissolve in her mouth.

All meals go well with baby food until we get to dinner...We always sit down as a family for dinner and I think since Ava sees us using utensils and eating table food that she wants to too. She will eat a litte baby food with mommy's help and then at some point every night, refuses to eat anymore unless she can do it herself. But even then she doesn't want the baby food. I love that she wants to feed herself and I had actually been letting her do it when she wanted to all along but up until now she hadn't out-right refused baby food. The only problem with her refusal act every night is that she's still learning to get the few mushy foods she can have in her mouth so I have to at least feed her something to make sure she gets enough. I've added "more" to the signs I'm using with her so maybe that will help.

She is one determined little girl though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder where that stubborn streak comes from? Definitely not the Olmstead side, we are totally reasonable people...

Anonymous said...

That's not sarcastic at all...

Anonymous said...

Just a little itty bit.
You gotta love us though!
Rob and I tease each other when the boys get stubborn or unreasonable about something (happens more and more with each birthday!), I say they're acting like their father and he says no, it's their mother. His mom will back me up though that Rob was relentless as a kid when he wanted his own way. He'll say otherwise though. I guess we all say otherwise.