The last few days have been very rough. Ava's reflux has her irritable most of the day and her "touch of colic" has escalated. So between the two she can't get comfortable to nap during the day which makes for even more screaming. Finally yesterday I got her to sleep by putting her on her tummy in her papasan...because this is literally the only way she'll nap during the day the pediatrician says its fine during the day as long as I'm awake and can check on her. At night she still needs to be on her back because of the risk of SIDS. The good news is Ava does fine at night.
Typically they say colicky babies cry for hours in the early evening, but Ava seems to cry during the afternoon. Her zantac for her reflux has up to two weeks before it will fully kick in so the past few days she's been screaming all day unless she was nursing. We were at the pediatrician's office again yesterday and they rechecked everything. They haven't found anything else medically wrong with her which is great, but the rest will just take time.
I'm told it's impossible for babies to be allergic to their mother's breast milk but they can react to something the mother ate so I'm supposed to cut cow's milk from my diet to see if that helps her any. If the zantac and elimination of cow's milk don't work then they will want to reevaluate her.
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Rough
at 9:04 AM


0 comments:
Post a Comment