Jasen and I were invited to spend the fourth with Rick and Michelle on their boat, but it would've been an all day or all evening thing and with Ava's troubles I quite literally need a break once in awhile from the screaming otherwise I'd lose my sanity. Since it wouldn't be right to give a screaming Ava to anyone all day, we decided it'd be better if we both stayed home. The goal for the day was to be as laid back as possible.
Ava surprisingly napped twice as she had been doing before all the crying business, but we thought we were in for it late morning when she started up...turned out she was hungry again an hour after eating. She must be going thru a growth spurt or something because typically she does not nurse that frequently. They did say she was 22 1/2 inches and 9lbs. 5 oz. at her appointment yesterday, just 4 days from the last time she was weighed where she was 8lbs 15 oz. and 21 1/2 inches. Crazy!
A good friend, Andrew Davis, stopped by to see Ava while he was in town, Jasen grilled and kicked back with some beer...With the extra set of hands around the house I took periodic breaks from life in general and just relaxed in a quiet room.
Ava did great though so either she's having a good day or we're in for a hell of a night...
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
July 4th
at 3:14 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment