After nine months of persistent weekly (and sometimes daily) phone calls and numerous visits to state and church run day care centers I just found out that one of the places we liked the most has an opening for us! It's a home day care that we've visited a few times and have only heard good things about. They actually weren't going to have anything until mid-august, but after meeting with the director again this week she told me she'd check with a few of the parents whose children were close to moving out of the newborn room to see if anyone would be okay moving their child to the next room a little early so we could get in. So we're in!
I don't want to leave my baby, and wish I had more time before having to go back to work, but it's definitely a relief knowing we at least don't have to worry about finding a place anymore. Now that we have day care set in place I have to really start mentally preparing myself for the day I have to bring her there and leave her there all day...I can feel the tears welling up already. Plus, I have a little anxiety about her reflux and her difficulty using a bottle to eat...but we've got a little more time to get her used to mommy milk in a bottle so hopefully between just plain practice and her medication kicking in things will be okay. If not, I'm sure I'll get a call from day care saying "you're child won't eat." Let's hope it's nothing like that though.
The center will have me taking a new route to work but it's close to Jasen's work so maybe he can make visits on lunch once in awhile and if I can manage it I could hit the interstate and see Ava on lunch as well.
Friday, June 30, 2006
Day Care
at 7:32 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment