Thursday, June 29, 2006

Reflux Update

Heard from the pediatrician and they don't think Ava's acid reflux is major (doesn't require surgery) but do recommend we give her liquid zantac twice a day for a month or two while her esophagus matures. I hate medication but more than that I hate to see Ava in so much distress so we'll give it a try. We are also supposed to keep her upright or elevated for 30-45 minutes after she eats and she needs to be elevated when sleeping. They recommended we let her sleep in a bouncy seat or place a towel under the mattress in her bassinet or crib to elevate it for her.

Our pediatrician was actually out today so we saw a partner of hers...who initially said it was probably nothing or maybe a touch of colic...I said "I'd feel better if we checked to make sure, because I know this isn't normal." This just proves my theory that many doctors are cocky and think they have it all figured out, when in fact a mother instinctively knows when something isn't right with her child.

0 comments: