Little Ava had her two week check up today and everything looks great. Her weight is up and she's now 7lbs. 12oz. It's acceptable for newborns to lose up to 7% of their birth weight and then gain it back in the first month but Ava is already gaining it back just fine. Now I know for sure that nursing is going like it should. What a relief! We go back in two weeks for her one month visit.
Before we left the pediatrician's office Ava kindly filled her pants so they told me I could take my time in the room and nurse her or change her if I needed. Ava ate before the visit and then fell asleep after I changed her so we headed out so I could grab a bite to eat. Before I could eat, it was time for Ava to eat again so I found myself nursing in the back seat of the Pilot parked in the far corner of the Burlington Coat Factory parking lot. Guess I better get used to the idea of nursing in public (covered of course). Since we were in the area we stopped by my work for a short visit and to check out the new office. Although the new office looks great I'm not ready to think about going back to work yet. Ava slept and squirmed the entire time and before we left she filled her pants again! Loudly at that...She's a pooping machine!
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Two Week Check Up
at 3:40 PM


1 comments:
Yeah, for one so little they can produce an astonishing amount of poo!
Post a Comment