Friday, June 16, 2006

Swinging

So far Ava's most awake and alert time seems to be from 12:30am - 3:00am. The good news is a few of the people I work with chipped in and got Ava a new aquarium swing so if it doesn't help put her to sleep it will at least help me keep her occupied. Thanks guys, great timing!

I'm trying to keep a routine going with bath time, story, etc. at specific times each night before Jasen and I head to bed and around Ava's nursing schedule (if you can call it that). She's still not very predictable when it comes to nursing in the evening or thru the night. I'm hoping that a foundation of a schedule of sorts will help us stay sane, eventually cue Ava that it's time to go to sleep at night and help us in the long run when I go back to work. So far it's not helping one bit because little miss Ava has her own idea of how things should work...maybe it just takes a little time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never quite mastered the art of the "schedule" with either of the boys. It just kinda happened. They always slept at the same time, ate around the same time, and eventually you realize it and low and behold you have a schedule! At least that was how it worked out for us, we never cared much for a strict schedule that we imposed. We opted for a natural schedule if you will, based on the boys needs. I stayed at home so it worked, if I was working it might have been diferent, but who knows, I couldn't Ferberize the boys either. It seemed so cruel. Just a big softie I guess.