Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

Ava had a really good night last night as far as nursing and sleeping. She actually went close to four hours without waking up for the first time! That meant we all got to sleep in a little. Ava gave her daddy a cute Father's Day card and an I.O.U for his gift...I ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet. Of course I feel bad about it and to make it worse Jasen made sure to tell his parents that he didn't get anything for Father's Day. BUT this is untrue. After lunch at grandma and grandpa's house we all headed out for Jasen's other gift.
Jasen got a tattoo of Ava's footprint on his left shoulder blade. The tattoo artist did a great job and within a few days when all the redness goes away we should be able to see the detail and shading a lot more. Mom Lingle and I took a bunch of pictures so one day Ava and her daddy can look back at them. Although this is Jasen's 11th tattoo this one definitely means so much more not only to him but also to me. I think one day Ava's going to love it.

Ava is so lucky to have such a wonderful daddy. I don't think there's anything that Jasen wouldn't do for his daughter. I knew this from day one in the hospital just by the way he looked at her and when he immediately pitched in with diaper changes, was right there with me thru visits with the lactation consultant when Ava wouldn't nurse and all I could do was cry and now he's back at work during the days but still more then willing to get up in the middle of the night when Ava's having a rough night and mommy is exhausted just to be there by my side or offer encouragement. Happy Father's Day Jasen! You're the best.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest tattoo! What a sweet tribute.