Some of the things I've read said the third trimester started at 26 weeks others say 28 weeks...whichever it is I think its safe to say that I'm now in my third trimester. Wow! Time is moving right along...
Here's what WebMD had to say for this week:
Your baby measures about 10 inches from crown to rump, or a total length of about 15.75 inches from head to toe, and weighs about 2.4 pounds. Brain waves show rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, which means your baby may be dreaming. Eyelids are opening. Branches of lungs are developing, so there's a good chance that baby would survive if born prematurely now.
Mom-to-be:
Your uterus extends well above your navel. As baby gets bigger and stronger this month, you may be experiencing leg cramps and mild swelling of ankles and feet, difficulty sleeping, shortness of breath, lower abdominal achiness, clumsiness or scattered Braxton Hicks contractions (hardening and relaxing of the uterus, like rehearsals for labor). You may also be urinating more frequently again as the uterus continues to push on your bladder.
Our baby has been kicking my ribs like crazy this week. I know she's getting bigger or longer because I can feel her movements below my belly button and up by ribs at the same time.
I have an appointment Monday with Dr. Gallaspy where they'll do a gestational diabetes test, ultrasound and all the other routine stuff. Jasen has to participate in some new training at work and won't be able to go this time so I'm hoping to get lots of pictures to bring back.
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Week 28
at 10:23 PM


1 comments:
God you look Jenn! So stylish and glowing to boot.
Post a Comment