The good news is all the pink stuff we have for the baby can stay - the ultrasound still shows that we're having a girl! Our little one was active as usual and I got to see her swallowing and putting her hand to her mouth. Her heartbeat looks and sounds strong and when she swallowed I could even see her tongue moving. Since I was in the doctor's office for awhile all her kicks made it easier to pass the time. She even kicked the doppler device when the doctor listened to her heartbeat. I outlined our baby in this picture since its so hard to tell what you're looking at (since she's getting bigger I think its harder to decipher). She has her hand to her mouth.
Dr. Gallaspy estimates that our baby is 2.4 pounds and also said my weight gain has been great. I finally found out how much I've gained since the beginning and while it feels like a lot more it turns out overall I've gained 13 pounds. Now you might be saying how is this possible? She looks huge. Well, here's a secret - ever since I was little (I think I discovered it in third or fourth grade) I've had this weird capability to puff my belly out and literally look really pregnant. Even with toned abs before pregnancy I would tease Jasen about how big I would be when pregnant and "puff" my belly out as an example. I'm hoping this capability will eliminate stretch marks since my skin could already stretch out.
Okay, so the not so good news...I failed my glucose screening. I drank the really sweet, nasty orange liquid this morning and I swear I almost threw up. I don't drink sweet liquids (except for some occasional juice) so it was a real shock to my system and I really thought it was going to come back up ten minutes after drinking it. The safe cut off point was 140. They pricked my finger an hour after I ingested the nasty drink and I was at 154. I knew something wasn't right before they told me my results because I just didn't feel good, not sick to my stomach anymore but just not right. Now I have to schedule a 3 hour glucose test at the hospital. Dr. Gallaspy said not to worry because we won't know until after the 3 hour test if I actually have gestational diabetes. So, I have to drink the orange nastiness again. I'm not looking forward to it. I think I'll be fine but I'd rather take the test to make sure since gestational diabetes can impact the baby.
Monday, March 13, 2006
OB Visit
at 6:04 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment