Thursday, March 16, 2006

Week 29

If it had not been for my cold I think this week would've flown by even faster. Our little one is getting better and better at pushing on my ribs, but I've learned that for temporary relief I can gently rub the area and she'll move even if just for a moment.

Here's what WebMD has to say about about our baby this week:

Your baby measures about 10.4 inches from crown to rump, or a total length of about 16.7 inches from head to toe, and weighs about 2.7 pounds. At this stage a fetus's eyes are almost always blue and can distinguish bright sunlight or artificial light through the uterine wall. Baby is performing fewer acrobatics as conditions in the womb become more cramped, but still doing a lot of kicking and stretching.

Mom-to-be:

Your uterus is about 3.5 to 4 inches above your navel. Weight gain is probably between 19 and 25 pounds. As odds improve that baby could survive outside the womb -- although in a neonatal intensive-care unit -- you may be feeling relieved and excited, or anxious about motherhood, your baby's health, and labor and delivery. If you do experience premature labor, your practitioner often can stop labor from progressing with bed rest, muscle relaxants or other drugs, possibly requiring hospitalization.

No signs of preterm labor here and although I haven't gained as much weight as listed above, my doctor doesn't seem to think it's a problem and the baby is measuring just fine.

0 comments: