Sunday, February 19, 2006

Babysitting

Saturday night Jasen and I baby sat for Rick and Michelle so they could go to a Mardi Gras ball. I forgot the camera, but the kids were really well behaved and we got to try a hand at bath time, feeding, diaper changes and story time - All of which neither of us has done in a long time. I swear Taylor laughed throughout her entire bath. She was one wiggly baby when it came time for a new diaper so I'll be lucky if Michelle reports that it actually stayed on. Payton tried to get sneaky, got out of bed a few times and peered at us in the living room but no major issues. Taylor woke up a couple times but I went in, rubbed her back and she was back to sleep in no time. It's crazy how the sound of a baby crying or whimpering in her sleep has you on your feet and alert in a matter of seconds...I'm sure once our baby arrives it'll be different especially since I'll be sleep deprived. I figure I'll be awake but groggy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'll be almost delusional at some point from being so tired...