Monday, February 13, 2006

30 minus 3

Mom-to-be turned 27 today...as we count down the days until we meet our baby I now realize just how exciting a birth day really is. I imagine years from now telling our daughter the story of her birth and while she might be excited about presents and Chuck E. Cheese I hope that by sharing the story with her she'll understand just how important her birth day is to us.

Here's a random thought. As a teenager I remember telling my dad that I wasn't going to have kids until I was 25. I was off a little, but I really think we've grown tremendously from the experiences we've been through to get pregnant and while it may have seemed like it took an eternity to get here we definitely have a better appreciation for how fragile life really is and how special our baby is.

0 comments: