A surge of energy kicked in this week. Between follow up calls to day cares, work and planning the nursery my head has been all over the place and surprisingly I'm still sane. Day care is driving me nuts though. Everyone is booked and has long waiting lists. I'm on at least 6 waiting lists and have been for awhile now. The best thing I've been told is "we might have something in August." That's great except that I have to go back to work in July! In Canada women can take up to a year for maternity leave and at least 60% of it is paid...Canada sounds real good right now.
I'm looking forward to my doctor appointment on Monday and think hearing the baby's heartbeat will be nice a birthday present.
Here's what WebMD has to say about our baby for this week:
Your baby, is 8.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 1.2 pounds. It is starting to produce white blood cells, mostly for combating disease and infection, and may respond to your touch or sounds. If you haven't felt hiccups yet, you might feel some jerking motion now.
Mom- to-be:
Your uterus is about 1.5 to 2 inches above your navel. Expect to gain about a pound per week this month. Glucose screens for detecting gestational diabetes are given between this week and 28 weeks.
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Week 24
at 5:49 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment