Monday, December 12, 2005

O Christmas Tree

I think I suffered a bout of pregnancy brain while decorating the tree this year...Usually I drape ribbon down the tree before we hang ornaments but somehow it slipped my mind this year. I might be able to add some around the ornaments but it won't look as good. I put some empty boxes under the tree and some gifts we're sending off to family to make it look less lonely but when the ups man knocked on the door Kaila ran by the tree, slid on the tree skirt, scattered the boxes across the room and knocked a glass ornament off the tree which of course shattered everywhere on the ceramic floor. It was actually pretty funny except that I was making dinner at the time so in a matter of two seconds everything became very chaotic. By the time I got the dog out the back door and opened the front door for the ups man he just looked at me as if he was trying to make sure everything was okay. Barking dog, breaking glass, clanging dishes, pregnant woman yelling...I don't know why he looked so stunned.

0 comments: