Saturday, December 03, 2005

Green Bean Gag

Funny thing...Jasen and I went out for Thai the other night. He was in the mood for Massaman Curry and I was in the mood for anything Thai with a lot of vegetables and spring rolls. Dinner was great and exactly what we went for (except for the weird couple two tables behind us). Baby Lingle had a healthy dinner with almost every vegetable you could think of.

Before we left I decided just one more bite...bad idea. The green bean I selected had this awful taste that I can't even begin to describe. All the others were fine but this one, yeah it made me gag and get sick in my napkin. I'm not kidding. Normally when you bite into something gross or something doesn't feel right you can usually discreetly get rid of it. This was an all out, out of my control gag. Luckily it was just us and the weird couple in the restaurant and I don't think they noticed. The woman was too busy talking at the man with things like, "we need to figure out what that thing growing out of your head is." Nice dinner conversation...I wasn't trying to listen in but she talked loud and it was hard not to hear. If baby Lingle doesn't like green beans one day it's not my fault!

0 comments: