Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wontons to the Rescue!

I swear I go to the grocery store almost every day. I always seem to think of something else...Yesterday I thought about the weather cooling down and how chili would be good one night for dinner. Well, I went to the store for chili makings and came home with everything to make crab wontons...I saw the little wonton wrappers and remembered how my dad used to make the best crab wontons when I was little. I hardly ever eat fried food but there was no stopping it from there. I could practically taste them already. I had to call my dad and check on the ingredients and forgot how long it takes to prep and wrap those things but Jasen helped speed things up and we were still able to watch Lost. Even with the heartburn afterward they were worth it. Oh, and dad just so you know, Jasen's exact comments were, "These are SO GOOD!" A pretty big statement for someone who doesn't like celery or onions - that's half the filling right there...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love those things too! I've made them twice since moving away from home. I made them one New Years Eve, just like dad used to do, and Rob raved about them. God Jenn, now I want them too!!