Here's what's happening with baby Lingle (pregnancyguideonline):
By this point, nearly all of the organs and structures of the fetus are formed. They will continue to grow and develop until delivery. Fingers and toes have separated and hair and nails begin to grow. The genitals begin to take on their gender characteristics. Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the baby's kidneys begin to produce and excrete urine. The muscles in the intestinal walls begin to practice peristalsis - contractions within the intestines that digest food.
Besides the headaches and heartburn I'm feeling pretty good. I'm still waking up some mornings with an ill feeling but I think that's baby Lingle's way of telling me he/she is hungry because after I eat it goes away. I picked up a prenatal exercise dvd from the library the other day and figured I could use the increase in energy I've had lately to keep myself and baby Lingle fit. The dvd was free so you can't beat that!
Here's what's happening with mom-to-be:
Around this week, your uterus will shift up and forward as it grows. The good news is it won't be pressing on your bladder so much and those bathroom visits will get less frequent. Enjoy this while you can because by the third trimester, the uterus will grow large enough to sit on your bladder once again. Morning sickness is usually getting better by this time, and you may be less tired. Headaches and light-headedness are common now thanks to the increased blood volume .
And let's not forget daddy-to-be. Lately, Jasen has been complaining of heart burn. I keep telling him he's experiencing some of my pregnancy symptoms but he denies it. I have no idea if that's what it is or not, but it was happening every day for awhile there. From what I've read this can happen in fathers-to-be during the third month and at delivery. It would be interesting to see any man having abdominal pain at delivery (sounds like an episode of Friends)...
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Week 12
at 8:15 PM


1 comments:
Ah yes, the sympathy symptoms...
Rob had those too, so hold on Jasen, it lasted the whole pregnancy for him! The heartburn, the nausea, even the weight gain...yep, he had it all. Look at the bright side, you guys are so close you feel what she feels!
Post a Comment