Friday, November 11, 2005

Migraine From Hell

Yesterday was a mile marker of a different kind. I think I had the worst migraine I've ever had. If you've ever had a migraine you know that is a huge statement.

Welcome to my world:
Migraine headaches are a biological disease that is characterized by throbbing head pain which is usually located on one side of the head, often accompanied by nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and/or sound. Migraines are more common than asthma, diabetes, or congestive heart failure. Those who experience migraine are often unable to perform daily activities due to the combination of disabling pain and the associated symptoms. Attacks occur periodically and can last from four to seventy-two hours. The symptoms, severity, and length of attack can vary by individual and by attack.

The mother of all migraines for me started Wednesday and did not cease until late Thursday. Any more of those and I won't have a maternity leave. Tylenol is the only thing I can take right now but honestly that's a joke. The medication I normally have to take usually doesn't begin to kick in for at least an hour, if I can keep it down and from there has numerous effects of its own that for me don't subside for a couple more hours.

0 comments: