For a about a month now Ava's vocabulary has really expanded. It seems like over night she started saying any word we would say and if the word doesn't come out exactly right she comes up with her own version. Some of her words are funny to me like booger, booty, gas and gosh. She's even pairing words together. I had no idea she'd practically be speaking sentences out of no where. She's constantly saying "fix it" when something is out of place, broken or just plain not to her liking. She tells our dog to "hush." too. Even "school" said something about how much she's talking and her knowledge of colors. She even says "ABC" (if you say it first) and once in awhile "1, 2, 3." She's at such a fun age right now! I tried counting the different words she can say and after 139 different words I was tired and figured no one would read it if I posted them all. Our pediatrician said she was a little advanced for her age so we've been trying to nurture it whether it's her language skills, creative play, etc. and let her lead the way.
UPDATE: I kept my own list going because it became addicting to remember all her words. We're past 150 and each day she says something new. I tried to get her to say Aunt Katee and Aunt Tara and she has her own way of saying both. She still won't say Grandma or Grandpa consistently but I have heard her say Grandma once. Hearing her say "washcloth" is really cute but everything she says is cute.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Chatty Chatty (UPDATED)
at 7:30 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment