Ava used the potty!!! I'm still a little in shock actually. She has been increasingly interested when mommy and daddy use the big potty and started telling us when she goes to the bathroom and wants a diaper change by patting her diaper (and sometimes even saying "poo" at the same time) so we figured we'd buy a potty chair to let her get used to having one around. I never expected her to be so fascinated with it and want to use it. She has seen them at daycare and seen them over at friends' houses and gotten excited about them but as soon as we saw it in the store she got super excited and when we opened the box at home she HAD to sit in it right away in the kitchen of all places. We were surprised when she farted in it the first time she sat in it and thought that was a big step!
Her potty chair is supposed to praise her when she goes, but unfortunately she was sitting a little lopsided on the chair and so much of it went on the floor by accident and it didn't make the fun noises it was supposed to. I think I made up for it though with all my excitement. Ava just grinned. And then ran to get toilet paper... Even if it was a one time thing I'm just glad she's not afraid of it. With baby sis soon to arrive actual potty training may take some time and Ava may even change her mind once she sees her sister getting changed, but this was fun anyway and she definitely knows were proud of her.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
The Potty!
at 8:11 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment