Thursday, July 05, 2007

Baby Sister - 26 Weeks

Our newest little one has been giving me some good kicks and punches. She's getting bigger and stronger so after Ava was in bed Jasen and I just sat for a few minutes and watched my stomach as we tried to figure out a name. We've got it narrowed down to two (we're still not saying what they are).

Here's what WebMD has to say for baby:

Your baby measures about 9.2 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost 2 pounds now. Its hearing is fully developed. As the fetus reacts to sounds, its pulse increases. Your baby will even move in rhythm to music. Lungs are still growing but are not yet mature. Patterns of your baby's brain waves appear like a full-term newborn. It also has patterns of sleeping and waking.



The Braxton-Hicks contractions are also in full force so that's been fun and somewhat un-nerving. I don't remember them being this strong at this stage with Ava. I had them but not like this. Probably just part of the second time around.


I think we've also decided to take my mom's advice and put the girls in the spare room. We'd then make Ava's current room a playroom. The only reason I didn't want to move rooms in the first place was because I wanted the girls close to our room so I could get to them quickly if they needed me. Realistically Ava's nursery is too small for two kids and a few more steps down the hall is not a huge deal. The room is larger and will certainly be more suitable.



So now we have to get the spare room in order. "In order" meaning sand and seal the wood floors (yep, should've done it when we did Ava's room), make sure the wall color works, and repaint the baseboards (not to mention set up the second crib). Then I guess if both girls in one room doesn't work out we'll have a room for each ready. Looks like mommy and Ava need to figure out how to spend a day away from the house so the floors can be done...hmmm...finding something fun to do to get away for awhile shouldn't be too hard to do!

0 comments: