So usually daycare only calls when a child is sick or hurt or on occasion if a child is acting out or they need something. So I was alarmed on Tuesday when my cell rang and it was daycare. I expected to hear that Ava was hurt. To my surprise I was told "Ms. Karen (Ava's new teacher), wanted me to call you and let you know that Ava won't stop crying and banging on the closet door. We've never seen her this upset and we can't figure out what's wrong, but when Karen opens the door she goes to her diaper bag."
Apparently Ava was miserable and in-consolable. I realize on my way to go check on her and figure things out that we had left her bear in the car...I knew before I got there my poor baby was searching for her bear and must've thought it was in her diaper bag. The one thing we cannot leave the house (or car) without is that bear.
Today I get to daycare to pick Ava up and as soon as I walk in the director tells me that Ava bit another child today. What?! My sweet little Ava?
Apparently one of Ava's playmates was riding a toy that Ava wanted and when Taylor didn't get off the toy Ava bit her on the arm. Taylor is quite the mischievous one herself so her teacher claims the little girl must've done something else to provoke her. I guess we'll never know.
How the heck do you get a 13 month old to stop biting? All I can think of is to bring some teething toys to school with her and if she does it again to have them tell her "no biting" and immediately give her a teething toy. I have no idea...I have a feeling she did it out of frustration from not knowing how to say what she wanted.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Acting Out
at 11:08 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment