I remember at one point when I was pregnant with Ava I started to freak out about everything we still needed to do and purchase before she arrived...and here we are again. I've officially entered "freak out" mode. I think all the books call it "nesting." The good news is other than a huge truck load of diapers there's a lot less to purchase this time. The not so good news is the spare room needs a transformation pronto before we can do things like assemble the second crib -- so there's much to do.
I feel a little better now that I have a new breast pump on the way. The one I used with Ava crapped out on me about the same time we were weaning to formula. One of the other items on the list of things to get this time around, other than stocking up on newborn diapers and getting extras of things like mattress pads, was a baby sling. It arrived last week and I'm really excited! So excited I put Ava in it and "wore" her around the house for a bit. I showed her herself in the mirror and she just laughed (obviously the pictures are not of Ava, but you get the idea).
We tried a sling with Ava when she was very small and she absolutely hated it. I decided I'd try again with the new baby in hopes that she'll enjoy it and that I'll be able to nurse her in it, yet still have my hands free to tend to Ava's needs. We'll see...every baby is different.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Nesting
at 11:07 PM


2 comments:
Jenn, Those fabric patterns are so cute. I saw the tag and looked at their website. I may have to feature them on Baby Blog Addict.
There were several that we looked at and then I found that one on Ebay.
www.luckybaby.com
www.hotslings.com
www.mayawrap.com
www.peekaboobabycollection.com
Lots of fun patterns, reversibles, and designer stuff too.
Post a Comment