Friday, April 20, 2007

Washing Toys

Does anyone else toss their kid's toys in the top rack of the dishwasher to sanitize them? I just realized last night how funny this looks. Since Ava brings home so many viruses from school I realized very quickly that washing her toys often was a necessity to keep from recirculating the same sickness. And, this is one of the easiest, quickest ways I could come up with. I also throw some of her plush toys in pillow cases and toss them in the washer. There's still a good bit of wiping down toys that can't be in water, but it helps.

I remember hearing Kelly Ripa say on her show that she got fed up with cleaning her kids' toys and tossed them all in the bathtub with some bleach water. I'd rather not make that much of a mess with bleach while pregnant though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike!
I washed small toys in the dishwasher too, that and pacifiers. Gotta love the dishwasher!!