Thursday, March 15, 2007

Baby Update

Sometimes I think Ava somehow knows I am pregnant. Lately she likes to lift up my shirt, pinch my tummy and smile up at me or try to grab inside my belly button (neither feels very good)...

Ava's little sister or brother is now in his or her 10th week. Which means he or she is officially a "fetus" and the most critical part of development will be passed us by the end of the week. The baby is also roughly the size of a shrimp.

As for mommy, Ava and daddy - we're still not completely better. Ava is actually doing better than I am though as far as overall symptoms subsiding and Jasen had some congestion but that was it. I know pregnancy suppresses the immune system so as not to reject the baby, but it is also not letting me get over this crud. I called my OB because I just kept getting worse, developed a fever and started having a lot of chest pain and shortness of breath so once again I have to take an antibiotic while pregnant. I hate it but the doctor assures me it's safe.

Oh, and I guess it's true that the second time around you start to show earlier because I already have a little bit of a tummy. No real weight gain but I think that's because I couldn't eat much while sick. Since last Friday and until today I had to rely on soup and liquids for nourishment.

0 comments: