Friday, March 30, 2007

OB Visit

I had my monthly OB visit and the new baby is doing great! Dr. Gallaspy said not to worry if we weren't able to hear the heartbeat because 12 weeks is about the time you can start to hear it and that very often it can't be heard until a little later. We heard the heartbeat as soon as he put the device on my abdomen. That is such a comforting and reassuring sound too.

This time they had to do some bloodwork and all I can say is, I hope I have a different nurse next time. The scale says I haven't gained any weight yet and my pants still fit, but when you look at my middle section you can tell I'm getting thicker.

I started signing "baby" to Ava every time we see a baby or a doll and she just smiles every time I do it. I have no idea how to prepare her for a little brother or sister...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad all is well. I hope you've been feeling good this time around.
I wouldn't worry too much about Ava and the baby. I think she'll adjust well. Besides, you and Jasen will make every effort to let Ava know she's loved and the new baby doesn't replace her. That, and you still have lots of time to prepare her. You guys will handle it just fine. You're good parents and you'd never let Ava feel left out or unloved. Unthinkable!
Just relax and enjoy the ride!