Ava's surgery went very well this morning. It's amazing how almost instantly I could tell Ava felt better. She was fussy immediately after the surgery, but that's expected since she wasn't able to eat anything after midnight and was so hungry. Plus, adjusting to the difference in her hearing was probably a little alarming. She's doing well though and is back to her happy, can't sit still self. So far no complications from the anesthesia so I think we're good.
Ava was such a big girl this morning. She kept trying to play with the monitor they put on her foot to get her heart rate and everything so I think she actually had fun initially. She didn't even cry when they took her away from mommy. She was too interested in everything around her, including the blue cap covering the nurse's hair, to notice mommy wasn't following along right behind her.
Before they put the tubes in they had to suction out all the fluid that had built up behind her ear drums. Dr. Swain said that medication would have never "fixed" the problem or even have made Ava feel better because the fluid had become so thick and tar-like. It would've HAD to be suctioned out for her to recover and for her hearing to be restored.
After it was all over, Ava was even waving "bye bye" to one of the nurses. I'm so happy to have my baby girl back to herself again!
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Ava's Surgery
at 9:28 AM


3 comments:
It's great to hear that her surgery went well and that she already feels better.
I was really impressed with the entire staff at Surgicare of Mobile. They were fantastic with Ava, wrapped her in a warm blanket and even let her see and touch the gas mask before using it on her. They even scented it with berries to make it less scary.
Wow, they really went the extra mile. That makes all the difference in the experience doesn't it? I'm so glad Ava baby is doing good!
Post a Comment