Saturday, November 18, 2006

High Chair Debut

Ava seems to like her new high chair and eats better now that she's not in a reclined position like her portable bouncy seat or papasan put her in.

On the menu tonight - baby cereal and squash. Since Ava wasn't too keen on cereal at first, I decided to try veggies with her before fruits. I figured if I started her with fruits, which are naturally sweet, she may not take to veggies as well. I mean come on, what kid wouldn't like the sweet foods...so far we haven't had any trouble with peas and squash.


Ava's really good at grabbing the spoon at the last minute and helping me put it in her mouth, but then I have to pry her fingers off the spoon. I love seeing her smile after she eats a bite.
I think it's hysterical when she accidentally splatters me with her food after trying to blow bubbles or make the raspberry sound, but of course I don't want to encourage it so I try really hard to hold back the laughter.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has the whole bowl ended up on the wall yet? We had that happen a few times. In your hair, up your nose, on the floor, the fridge, basically whatever was in a 5 foot radius!
Good times.