Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Jasen, Ava and I spent Thanksgiving with Mom and Dad Lingle. I was in charge of the sweet potatoes/yams and dessert. I found a recipe for whipped sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping so we gave that a try. They actually turned out pretty good.

Ava of course had a good time. Her newest thing is to stick her tongue out the tiniest bit and try to make the raspberry noise. If you imitate her then it turns into a game. She had a good time playing her new game with Grandpa Lingle. She even got to try her first outdoor swing. She loved the swing and kept trying to eat the rope.

Ava napped while we ate but I gave her some baby sweet potatoes later and she absolutely loved them!


Jasen and I have so much to be thankful for and after eating way too much turkey and waking up from a trytophan induced coma I had a chance to reflect on the things I'm thankful for. Here's a quick look but there's so much more.

A happy healthy Ava . Jasen . family in general . living and breathing (can't do one without the other) . weekends . our home . my job . the color purple (otherwise Ava would be wearing pink all time) . baby smiles . baby feet .baby laughs . baby everything (yep, even baby poop - it means they're healthy) . good friends . dvr . soy milk . my pilot . health insurance . dsl service . warm blankets on cold nights . chapstick . vacation days . email . cold ice water . good movies . flash memory . baby spoons that change color when the food is too hot . microwaveable "baked" potatoes.

Okay, I could go on and on - but instead I'll just stop.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I would have to agree though, I am thankful for most things on your list too. Especially, you, Jasen and Ava!
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was nice too. Relaxing with family and good food. Someday I want to have a huge Thanksgiving where everyone is there. You know, rent a hall and have all the parents from all sides, the grandparents, the aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, husbands, wives and all the kids. I think that would be awesome. Do it in a potluck style, everyone bring your favorite Thanksgiving dish from your family dinners. Mom Blalock had me do dessert and then ham rolls, and then she asked if I would make something that our family always had at Thanksgiving. I was going to bring stomput (Not sure of the spelling) But I know the family, and they wouldn't have eaten it! So I made the corn casserole that Mom makes. It went over pretty big, so that was nice. But that's my big holiday wish, some year I'm going to give everyone a years notice to plan and save for it, and then hope most people can make it. It would be nice to bring together the Strong side of the family with everyone else, to truly make it a family affair. I wish big don't I? Well a girl can dream!