The time has finally come that I have no choice but to have surgery. The gallstones that I developed as a complication during pregnancy have started causing an array of symptoms that are becoming harder and harder to deal with.
I wanted to wait until Ava was older but I don't think that's an option anymore. I've initially been told that if I plan to continue to breastfeed I'll need to "pump and dump" for at least 48 hours after surgery to make sure any drugs used to knock me out are completely out of my system and not passed on to Ava, but this came from the woman who schedules surgery and couldn't really remember... I don't have a date yet for the surgery - I have to have a consultation appointment with the surgeon first to confirm the type of surgery needed, etc. and that appointment isn't until next Thursday! That's the earliest they could get me in so I have no idea how far out the surgery will be. Until then, I have no choice but to put up with nausea, vomiting, moderate to severe pain, lightheadedness, etc. Fun stuff.
I have some breastmilk stock piled in the freezer so as long as the surgery is outpatient and any medications are out of my system within a day or two we might not have to supplement with formula. But I guess if we have to, we have to.
Friday, October 06, 2006
Upcoming Surgery
at 5:22 PM


1 comments:
I was hoping, for your sake, that it would all go away after Ava was born. I guess no such luck. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment