Saturday, October 21, 2006

Pumpkin Patch

We decided to take Ava to a pumpkin patch today. I was pretty disappointed...It's not like in Michigan where you go to a farm or cider mill, take a hayride to the pumpkin patch and pick your own pumpkin from the field. Here they haul the pumpkins in by truck to a church lawn.

I guess Ava will never know the difference...



For the most part I think she had a good time watching all the people but didn't seem to know what to think of the pumpkins. At one point she touched the stem of a pumpkin and started to cry, but it was a quick moment and then she moved on to her feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a farm in Mississippi with a corn maze, hay rides to the pumpkin patch, country store...I got all excited, gave them a call and they're closed this year because of Hurricane Katrina.

I think Ava will enjoy it more next year anyway.

Anonymous said...

What a bummer. Isn't it strange the different areas...we have so many of those types of farms around here, you just have to decide how far you want to drive. I figured they were all over the place!
We actually have a christmas tree place here in the Soo now! It's been here forever, but the trees were not mature enough, but for the last 4 years they've been open. You can go cut down your own tree, haul it back, and they will shake it off for you and wrap it. They have coloring books for the kids, and they make wreaths, kissing balls, and all sorts of things from the pine boughs. It's a nice family tradition. Now we just have to see how well Mya does with the tree!