Can you believe Ava's umbilical cord stump has still not fallen off yet?! I was told 10-14 days and its been 3 weeks! (Oh my gosh, Ava is 3 weeks old already!) I had the pediatrician look at it when we went for our two week visit and everything looks good with it, it's just one of those that's going to take longer...Jasen is petrified of the cord stump so bath time is a me and Ava thing until it falls off.
At first Ava would scream throughout her entire bath (sponge bath style) so knowing she loves the water to cascade over her I quickly shifted to giving her a somewhat normal bath with a wash cloth on her belly and just enough water to touch her back and keep her warm but without getting her cord wet. This way I could pour a little water over the rest of her to rinse. Now she seems to enjoy bath time. I think I'll have a small celebration when her cord finally falls off!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Bath Time
at 8:48 AM


1 comments:
Jack's cord didn't fall off until he was 5 weeks old, so he didn't have his first "real" bath until he was 6 weeks old! We all cheered so loudly when it finally fell off that we startled him. The pediatrician put something on it at his 1 month check-up to speed up the process. It wasn't drying enough when I cleaned it, because it kept folding over. I was worried too because I was told the 10-14 day time frame.
Post a Comment