Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Trickster

My appointment with Dr. Gallaspy yesterday was quite an ordeal, in my mind anyway. Among hearing the heartbeat and having measurements taken I also had to have my finger pricked and other routine tests and procedures done. During the exam Dr. Gallaspy stated, "this baby's about to fall out." I'm dilated to 1 centimeter and the baby has "dropped" considerably into my pelvis. This is completely normal, but the doctor was concerned that our baby might be breech (feet or butt first). He advised, "if she's breech we will have to do a c-section." To give me peace of mind he had me come back this morning for an ultrasound to confirm the baby's position.

Either the doctor was just very unsure or our daughter is a little trickster and turned around because everything is fine and she's in the head-down position just like she should be!


Our little one is running out of room in there though. Now I understand why my entire stomach takes on crazy shapes when she moves lately. At this point, our baby is estimated to weigh 6lbs 4oz and is measuring two weeks ahead. I was even told "I'd be very surprised if she held out until May 28th." She literally could arrive anytime but if she came one or two weeks early that would put her around May 19th - May 28th. As for me I've gained a total of 15lbs at this point.

0 comments: