I was secretly hoping I would go into labor today, but regardless my first Mother's Day was great. I woke up, read to our baby, listened to her heartbeat and Jasen gave me a really pretty cameo locket that I can't wait to put a picture of our baby in. Jasen and I are still amazed at how much we love our baby without even having really seen or touched her yet. It can only get better and each day I'm getting more and more anxious for the big day.
We treated Mom and Dad Lingle to lunch, found time to get some projects done at home and then put the focus on my belly. Jasen painted it with all natural, cornstarch based "paint" (no risk of harming our little one in any way).
My belly was a little lopsided during part of the painting session because of the way the baby was positioned. It was relaxing and funny at the same time because I was sitting on the birth ball trying to see what Jasen was painting and of course my belly is too big (especially after a huge lunch) so I all I could really see (until looking in the mirror) was "Happy Mother's" - very fitting because I was just that.
I have an appointment with Dr. Gallaspy tomorrow morning so we'll see how many pounds that lunch added to the scale...
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Happy Mother's Day
at 9:49 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment