Until the nursery is done our living room has been the holding spot for everything we still have to put together - the crib, the changing table/dresser comb and the bassinet so far.
I got tired of looking at all the boxes and decided to put the bassinet together lastnight...
We decided to get a bassinet so that our baby can sleep close to us at first. The one we bought can be used as either a traditional bassinet or a co-sleeper that safely attaches to the bed. I did some research and found that when a baby sleeps close to its mother both baby and mother sleep better because their heartbeats sync up in rhythm (plus several other reasons). We'll give it a try and see how it goes. I'm thinking the co-sleeper function will help with breastfeeding too. 
Now, instead of a stationary box, I get to move the bassinet from to room until the nursery is finished or we rearrange our bedroom...still feels good to have something done.
Friday, March 03, 2006
Bassinet Build
at 5:15 PM


1 comments:
Hey, good job, it looks so pretty! Did you test it out? Just kidding!
Post a Comment