Sunday, February 26, 2006

Joe Cain Day

Jasen and I headed downtown to celebrate "Joe Cain Day" with Michelle and Rick (and way too many other people to mention everybody). Joe Cain is recognized as the man responsible for reviving the Mardi Gras celebration in Mobile, where it originated.

Those in costume on the individually designed floats throw strands of beads, moon pies, coins, stuffed animals and a bunch of other worthless items to thousands of Mobilians. You'd think the $2 beads were worth hundreds or thousands of dollars the way people go nuts over them, but its tradition and its fun. Its been a long day and I swear I was the only sober adult around for miles. Mardi Gras is a crazy time that's for sure. We had a good time though. I tried to tell our little one all about the parades beforehand since I knew it would be loud. Baby Lingle was pretty active during the early afternoon and after the first parade.

I wasn't in the mood for crawfish, but got to secretly laugh at the drunks and enjoyed my bottled water, string cheese and of course Rick's awesome grilling! I'm still very congested and hoping to get a good night's sleep. This is me being pudgy with the sun in my face. Amazingly, I didn't hear anyone say how big I've gotten. Instead it was nice to hear "you look great, you're all baby."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me, but you don't even look pregnant in that picture! And I agree, you are all baby in every other picture I've seen.
I'm jealous of your weather, it looks so nice!