At the request of my family, here's a picture update. I just finished exercising so I look a little dumpy but oh well. I'm still wearing most of my regular clothes but only because I wore them big to begin with. This weekend we're heading out to buy some maternity clothes so I'll finally be able to use my OldNavy gift certificate from Christmas.
Here's what's happening with our baby this week from pregnancyguideonline:
Along with the lanugo, vernix caseosa forms on your baby's skin. Vernix is a white cheesy substance that protects your baby's skin from its aquatic environment ~ imagine how your skin would look if you sat in water for nine months! The placenta continues to grow and nourish the baby.
Maternal changes:
You may be noticing several skin changes. These are hormone-related and will disappear after delivery. You may have the "mask of pregnancy" - blotchy patches on your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Itchy skin is also very common. Your skin may be dry and flaky in certain areas and many pregnant women develop rashes, particularly on the stretched skin. You can't prevent stretch marks but lotions or oil can ease the dryness and itching. Drinking lots of water and eating a healthy diet will go a long way in reducing dryness.
I have noticed some redness in the face sometimes but it comes and goes. No big deal.
Friday, January 06, 2006
Week 19
at 8:58 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment