Tuesday morning I headed to the International Builders' Show in Orlando, FL for work. I think someone said there were at least 106,000 people in attendance and baby Lingle and I were right in the middle of it. The show was held at the Orlando Convention Center and while I had read that it was a 1.5 million square-foot exhibition...I now understand just how huge that really is. I definitely got my exercise this week with all the walking! Our baby was very active during the flight to and from Orlando, but more so during take off and descent. I couldn't help but wonder if she even knew what was going on and if so if she was active because she was bouncing around having fun in there or annoyed and uncomfortable. Upon arriving in Orlando we quickly learned that our rental house was a block away from a bank hostage situation that had been going on since 9:00 or 9:30 that morning. While helicopters hovered overhead we followed a detour that took us on a dirt road through swamp land before making it to the house.
Every day from the time I woke up until sometimes 7:00pm or maybe even later I was on the go. After each long day of taping on the show floor, we still had things to do afterward and often events to get to. Once back at the rental house there was still planning to do for the next day which meant I didn't get to sleep until at best 11:00pm - I found the schedule and being on my feet all day to be a bit strenuous for my preggo booty. I just wish I had had time to get together with my sister-in-law who lives right in Orlando. We were successful in what we went to accomplish but I'm so glad to be home where I can just sit and do nothing if I want to. I woke up at 4:30am this morning (I had intended to wake up 5:00 but I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep knowing the alarm would soon go off) to get ready and get to the airport so my goal for today is to rest and walk only when absolutely necessary.
I'm extremely glad I brought several pair of maternity pants because I think I've expanded significantly this week.
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Baby's First Trip
at 1:58 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment