While trying to hear the babies heartbeat with a prenatal heart listener tonight, our little one gave me a few good taps! This is the most I've felt her move in a short period so maybe she liked the tacos I ate for dinner just as much as I did.
I was trying so hard to hear her heartbeat that I had the listener pressed tight to my abdomen and she tapped back! This time the movement felt like soft taps or thumps not an itty bitty fluttering and then almost like a wave. Jasen couldn't feel it but I'm sure she'll be kicking strong enough for him to feel in no time. The prenatal heart listener still hasn't picked up her heartbeat but its not as sensitive as the device they use in the doctor's office so its perfectly normal not to hear it yet at home.
I've been listening to Miles Davis and John Coltrane in the car a lot more lately and the prenatal heart listener came with a Mozart CD to play for the baby which I'm excited about because studies show that unborn babies who had classical music played to them from the middle of the 5th month until they were born developed more quickly, began to talk earlier and had greater intellectual development than those babies that did not have classical music played to them while in the womb. I also read, that a baby who experiences prenatal stimulation is more likely be calmer and more alert, be happier and cry less, have a longer attention span, be strong and have better coordination, lift her head up earlier, stand earlier and walk earlier.
We're really not trying to create a super baby, but she should be able to listen to good music too!
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Tap Tap Tap
at 8:19 PM


0 comments:
Post a Comment