Friday, October 14, 2005

First Ultrasound


Yep, it's definitely real this time. They checked to make sure and there's just one Lingle baby. Two would be wonderful but I think one healthy baby at a time is perfect. The odd squiggly shape is baby Lingle. The small circle with black in the middle is not an abnormal growth. It's actually the yolk sac.

Seeing and hearing the heartbeat was amazing! It sounded like a galloping horse and with tears of pure joy streaming down my face I couldn't help but laugh- a giddy laugh, not the obnoxious kind. Hope I'm not the only one to have done that...

At 7 weeks, morning sickness is kicking my butt. Whoever deemed it "morning" sickness is an idiot. Seriously though, I can't complain. It took a long time to get here and I'm ready to embrace every moment. Nausea set in a day or so after we found out but the first time I actually got sick I came back out in the living room afterward and told Jasen with a smile on face, "morning sickness has officially begun."

Here's what's happening with baby Lingle courtesy of webmd...

Your embryo makes great strides in size this week, growing to between 0.44 inches and 0.52 inches from crown to rump by the end of the week, or about the size of a small raspberry. Leg buds are starting to look like short fins, and hands and feet have a digital plate where fingers and toes will develop. The heart and lungs are becoming more developed, as are the eyes and nostrils, intestines and appendix. By now the brain and spinal cord are growing from the neural tube.

Can't wait to find out the sex of our baby, but we've got a while for that.

0 comments: