Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Best Part Of My Day




Ava told me "hap birthday mommy" a bunch tonight and even sang the words several times too - it was adorable each and every time (even with her mouth full of spaghetti and garlic bread). Ava has heard people sing the birthday song before but I think Grandma and Grandpa Lingle had a little something to do with it too. Unless the thumb is in her mouth, Ava seems to be always talking and since she started speaking in 3-4 word sentences it's been a lot of fun. A few of her common sentences and phrases lately are:

"Fix it daddy."
"I throw it."
"I pull it." (first 3 word sentence she said)
"mommy sit down"
"daddy sit down"
"I clean up"
"I'm gonna get it"
"I need one more"

She says a ton of two word phrases but my favorite is if you ask her a question about the location of anything (be it in the room, in a book, etc.) she says "bite dare" (right there) and either points to it or goes to it. Another one I find funny is "cut nails" (yes, she actually requests that I cut her nails now...too funny)

Basically anything we say, she can say (and will repeat) and she even likes to end what she's saying with "kay?" Somehow she also picked up "huh?" (not my favorite, but still cute).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me melt, I can imagine what it did to you!!! It doesn't get much sweeter than that.

Anonymous said...

That made me melt, I can imagine what it did to you!!! It doesn't get much sweeter than that.